Chiropractic is a healthcare profession that focuses on diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, with special emphasis on the spine. It emphasises manual therapy including spinal manipulation and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation, and includes exercises, and health and lifestyle advice.
Our Chiropractors take an integrated and holistic approach to the health needs of their patients, considering physical, psychological and social factors. They provide care and support by reducing pain and disability and by restoring normal function to people with neuro-musculoskeletal disorders.
What we treat
- Joint pains and stiffness- including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- General aches and pains including those of joints, muscle spasms and cramps
- General, acute and chronic backache, back pain
- Neck pain
- Headache arising from the neck (i.e. cervicogenic) and the prevention of migraine
- Frozen shoulder, shoulder or elbow pain, or tennis elbow
- Tension and inability to relax
The effectiveness of chiropractic treatment has been recognised by The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE). The recent NICE guidelines recommend chiropractic treatment (including spinal manipulation, spinal mobilisation and massage) for the early management of persistent non-specific low back pain.
Initial Consultation and Treatment 45 minutes - £70
Subsequent Treatments 30 minutes - £50
Most private and medical insurance schemes incl. AVIVA, BUPA, CIGNA, SIMPLY HEALTH and VITALITY cover chiropractic but individual policies may vary. Some insurance companies require a referral from your doctor. Should you like to be treated under insurance cover, please contact your insurer to find out their requirements and notify reception when making your booking.